Sunday, January 17, 2010

Carolinas Center For Hospice Do You Choose To Read Books Which Will Fill Gaps In Your Knowledge?

Do you choose to read books which will fill gaps in your knowledge? - carolinas center for hospice

This is related to a previous question, I remember (thanks to Miss Moncrieff me) on this page.

From time to time to see something on TV or in a place that reminds me that I do not know how much I would result in a particular subject. Then try a book to find to fill the gap referred to above.

Recent examples for me?
"The Last Stand sailors can" on the famous battle of World War II weapons in which a majority of the American fleet came Taffy 3 on the powerful Japanese Center Force, the Navy.

"Sherman Mars," about, well, General Sherman's Civil War March on Georgia and the Carolinas. Another interest in the fact that I am from South Georgia.

"Russia: The Once and Future Empire" in Russian history. Duh!

Is it something too?

Thank you all!

6 comments:

Trix_R_n... said...

It is a great quality have. The best way to get to start something new research and knowledge. I sometimes, but I also enjoy reading fiction novels for fun. Although we learn nothing about the nature of the books, I realized it helped me expand my vocabulary, so it is not a total loss.

Faerie Queen said...

As I am curious, I read books to expand the reach of my mind.

SgtMoto said...

My taste is so eclectic in pounds. I am a compulsive voyeur top pounds. When I encounter a topic that does not know much about a book in my library and is available before you know it. Like many others, that my wife crazy that my parents were driving oh so many years. It is my belief that knowledge is infinite. Questions are answered more questions. By this reading, I learned a lot. Unfortunately, I forgot a lot. It does not stick to a subject long enough to be really well versed in it. You can also book so quickly. Why am I sitting here reading on the computer instead? Since Yahoo is like a giant book on the human condition.

Joy in the Morning said...

Surely not. Subjects I love to read certain topics, and I began to read the classics. I can not believe I did not attend school, without cracks in the ceiling of more than two works of classical literature. I was in my class in the ten percent, so it's not that I took during the recovery!

xtraluvl... said...

Yes, if I have a new number or place I get my interest to learn more about it. I'm in school, so I read a lot to address the gaps in my reading knowledge.I much interest in my career to fill. Only to be better, how to get informed in my field success. Mostly non-fiction books are books that I have on the health, science, technology, or autobiography about people who are fascinating reading, I find. Fiction Leo "leaks" in my life. Expads But my vocabulary.

ask away said...

No, no, no. I read for entertainment and escapism.
Recently, I took the Suze Orman book Women and Money, to see if there are some useful tips that I already knew had.
When I see a book that seems interesting at the library I'll check.
I read the book Mothers Foundation (on the first ladies first).
Perhaps now, I think.
I read the fluff or the beach, says "in the summer, because I everything I love to think or concentrate while reading.
Initially, I read fiction.

Post a Comment